Your Thyroid… Small but Powerful!
January 18, 2023
What are thyroid disorders?
Thyroid disorders are conditions that affect the thyroid.
Types of thyroid diseases:
- Graves’ Disease
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Nodules
How are thyroid disorders diagnosed:
- Blood tests
- Examinations of family members/medical history
- TSH exam (thyroid-stimulating hormone) test
- Can be treated by medications or in some cases, surgery
- Treatment will depend on the particular disease of the thyroid
How common is thyroid disease?
- More common than diabetes or heart disease
- Women are five times more likely than men to suffer from hypothyroidism
Concerned about your thyroid? Talk with your Generations healthcare provider today!