- This event has passed.
Improve Your Wellness: A Group to Reduce Self-Negativity
September 26 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Purpose of the Group: This group can give you the skills to manage painful emotions and decrease conflict in relationships. It can help you to improve your ability to tolerate stress and negative emotions as well as be mindful and present in a given moment. It will offer techniques that allow you to communicate with others in a way that is assertive, but maintains self-respect, and strengthens relationships.
Who is Invited?
- Participants must be 18+ years old
- 12 person maximum per group
- Open to all genders, patients of Generations, as well as those not patients of Generations.
- If you are already a patient of Generations (medical, dental, or behavioral health), your Generations provider can help you with a referral to the group.
- If you are not a patient of Generations, your provider can refer you.
When: Tuesdays from 10:00 am to 11:00 am from September 26th to October 24th, 2023. No new members after the 2nd session.
Where: Generations Family Health Center 202 Pomfret Street, Putnam, CT
- Emotional Regulation
- Distress tolerance
- Core mindfulness
Cost: Medicaid and most private insurances accepted. Not insured? You may qualify for a discounted rate. Please ask about our Sliding Fee Scale program when you register.
Register Today: Facilitator is Tina Lekacos, LCSW. You must pre-register for the group. Call (860) 963-7917.