- This event has passed.
Making & Keeping Friends: Group for Adolescent Girls
September 7 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
PURPOSE OF THE GROUP: This group will consist of female adolescents (ages 13-17) who have trouble making and keeping friends and relationships due to limited social skills, and insights around healthy relationships.
WHO IS INVITED?
• Participants must be girls ages 13 -17 years old.
• 6 to 10 person maximum per group.
• Open to patients of Generations, as well as those not patients of Generations.
• If you are already a patient of Generations (medical, dental or behavioral health), your Generations provider can help you with a referral to the group.
• If you are not a patient of Generations, your provider can refer you.
Thursdays 4:00 – 5:00 pm
From September 7 to November 16, 2023
No new members accepted for this session after the 1st week.
WHERE: Virtual Via Zoom
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: We are going to be exploring topics such as:
· Active Listening
· Where to find positive sources for making friends
· Making and Keeping positive friendships
· Emotional Communication skills
· Defining healthy and unhealthy relationships
· Exploring how you want to be treated by people you care about
· Power and Control
· Understanding stereotyping and how it leads to abuse
COST: Medicaid and most private insurances accepted. Not insured? You may qualify for a discounted rate. Please ask about our Sliding Fee Scale program when you register.
REGISTER TODAY: Facilitator: Jacqueline Proulx, LMFT. You must pre-register for the group. Call (860) 450-0585.