- This event has passed.
September 5 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Purpose of Group: This group will explore and provide support around issues of intersectionality of gender as it relates to self, self-worth, the family, and society.
Who is invited? In person support and therapy group for individuals who currently identify as transgender, non-binary, or who struggle with personal gender indentiy.
- Participants must be 18+ years old
- 11 person maximum per group
- Open to all genders, patients of Generations, as well as those not patients of Generations.
- If you are already a patient of Generations (medical, dental, or behavioral health), your Generations provider can help you with a referral to the group.
- If you are not a patient of Generations, your provider can refer you.
When: Tuesdays from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm from September 5th to November 21st, 2023. No new members accepted for this session after the 1st week.
Where: Generations Family Health Center 40 Mansfield Avenue, Willimantic, CT
- Exploration: Who you’ve been, who you are now, and who you endeavor to become
- Re-Creation: How to build a more robust support system and engage in gender/queer affirmative daily/weekly/monthly self-care practices
- Mobilization: Learn skills/strategies to oppose negative internal and external gender/queer discrimination
- Celebration: Come together in a safe space to share stories, strengths, and strategies for growth and authenticity
Cost: Medicaid and most private insurances accepted. Not insured? You may qualify for a discounted rate. Please ask about our Sliding Fee Scale program when you register.
Register Today: Facilitator is Tara Bergeron, LMSW. You must pre-register for the group. Call (860) 450-0585